Why Is Government Important for Doing Business in China?
- The importance of government affairs for running business in a country is determined by the government’s role in this country.
- China established its governance system in 231 BC featured by centralized government with province and county system. In more than 2000 years, China has been following this system.
- In 1949, China began to implement the planning economy system learned from the Soviet Union. The combination (China’s tradition and the Soviet Union’s model) made the role of the CPC and the Chinese government especially important in China’s politics, economy, military and social governance.
- China’s 40-year reform and opening-up program has made tremendous changes of its economic system. However, the political reform was slow. The economy is still driven by politics, policies and politicians.
How Multinational Companies Interact with the Government in China -
Government Affairs Model
Our Mission and Methodology
- To promote positive corporate reputation among key government stakeholders
- To leverage the positive reputation and trust to help create favorable environment in order to mitigate regulatory risks and explore opportunities
Methodology - Government Affairs Three Pillars:
- Government relationship building based on research
- Government mapping: to understand the government structure and functionalities relevant to the company, and to serve as a guidance for further stakeholder engagements.
- Government relationship building based on government mapping
- In-depth policy research based on solid government relations & structured policy monitoring system: to understand the government working priorities, find the win-win points, and timely alert us the potential regulatory risks.
- Advocacy based on government relations & policy research: to turn relationship into partnership, to turn opportunities into real business